Post Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1951. Originally when it was established there was only one station, Station 1. The history of the department is the history of Station 1 and can be read in more detail on the About Us page.
In 1991, Chief Cook retired and was replaced by Chief Harold Randy Camp; when Chief Camp took over the department he implemented Station Officers in the stations. Captain Larry Honeycutt was appointed as the first station officer at Station 1 in August of 1991.
Station 1 houses most of the department's apparatus with five engines, two ladders, one tanker, one air light unit, one state licensed medical response unit (rescue), and several other pieces of apparatus that can be viewed on the apparatus page. Station 1 is also the headquarters for the department which also includes all administrative offices, class room, workout facilities, and all fire prevention offices and equipment. Currently the first line engine is a 2008 E-One Rescue Pumper on a Typhoon Chassis.